A summary of what’s in Budget 2017 for motorists in Ireland.
Not much at all really!
- No changes in motor tax rates.
- No change in tax on petrol or diesel.
- VRT relief available when buying a hybrid electric (€1500) or plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (€2,500) is being extended to 31 December 2018.
- VRT relief available when buying an electric vehicle (€5000) is being extended to 31 December 2021.
- Natural gas used as a vehicle fuel will be taxed at the EU minimum rate of excise for the next eight years.