Here are the main point’s from Budget 2019 for motorists and the motor industry in Ireland, compiled by SIMI (Society of the Irish Motor Industry).
- 1% VRT surcharge across all VRT Bands for diesel cars, new and used imports
- Extension of VRT Reliefs for Plug-In and Conventional Hybrids up to €2,500 until the end of 2019
- No increase in carbon taxes
- No increase in fuel duties
- LPG commercial vehicles relief – a new accelerated capital allowances scheme for gas-propelled vehicles and refuelling equipment
- Buses – no diesel-only buses for the urban public service obligation (PSO) bus fleets after July 2019.
- The 0% Benefit-in-kind rate for electric vehicles is being extended for a period of 3 years, with a cap of €50,000 on the Original Market Value of the vehicle