MSL Ballsbridge Motors, one of Ireland’s longest standing Mercedes-Benz dealerships, has officially opened their newly refurbished showrooms on the Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4.
The dealership recently underwent a €1 million re-development and the showroom now has over 30 cars on display. MSL Ballsbridge Motors is now the largest Mercedes-Benz dealership in the country and one of the largest across the UK and Ireland.
MSL Ballsbridge Motors has been in operation since 1950 when it first opened as an assembly plant for the Volkswagen Beetle. The very first Beetle assembled outside of Germany was built at the premises on the Shelbourne Road.
In 1954, the founder of MSL Ballsbridge Motors, the late Mr. Stephen O’Flaherty, secured the distribution rights for Mercedes-Benz in Ireland. Assembly of Mercedes-Benz vehicles continued in Ballsbridge from 1954 to the mid-1960s when assembly was eventually moved to a larger premises on the Naas Road, which is now the head office for both the MSL Motor Group and Mercedes-Benz Ireland.